Pastry Chef, Jaein Lee Class Description
Jaein Pastry Chef of "JAEIN,"
one of the most popular dessert shops,
will introduce you to high-quality desserts
made with everyday ingredients
and an ordinary oven.
You will learn all about the
baked goods sold at "JAEIN."
From baked sweets that can be
easily made with simple processes
to cakes and tarts made with the
most delicious seasonal ingredients.
Let's get started now with
the baking class that will allow you
to easily expand your menu and
maximize the sales of your own store!
Length: 10 videos
(Duration 8h 38m)
Create 10 different kinds of desserts
10 recipe cards provided separately
10 Class Exercises
Pain De Gene Yuja
Udo (Peanut Paris-Brest)
Habagu (Fig Tartelette)
Hello, I'm Jaein Lee,
Pastry Chef of "JAEIN."
At "JAEIN" we sell regular petit fours
and cakes made with seasonal ingredients.
When making baked goods,
I always try to be mindful that
desserts are greatly influenced by the
environment, meaning both the
season and the weather.
Having that in mind, I use
seasonal ingredients only in the season
it's considered most delicious, and
for the dough, I adjust the oven degree
according to the temperature
and humidity of the day.
I'm baking and introducing desserts
every day and every season
with the belief that by doing so,
I will be able to let my customers
know more what I thought and felt
when baking the desserts, I sell.
The recipes of Jaein are structured
for everyone to bring out the
best flavors in their desserts.
Make sure to get the skills you need to
design and bake beautiful desserts
in an easy way with the class of
Jaein, provided only at Coloso.
Pastry Chef & Owner of JAEIN (2018~)
Projects & Awards
Pastry Chef of DOTZ (2017~2018)
Pastry Chef at Hauteru (formerly Augranbert) (2016~2017)
Assistant Pastry Chef at Jeongjeongdang (2014~2016)
[Education and Seminar]
Confectionery and Bakery Adjunct Lecturer, Far East University (2018~2019)
French of Korean ingredients commemorating the 130th anniversary of diplomatic ties between Korea and France Dessert using recipes (2015)
Revealed for the First Time: Original Recipes of Desserts Sold at "JAEIN"
Pastry Chef Jaein Lee will share the original recipes of JAEIN's menu items for the first time only at Coloso. From Petit Four & Pies to Cakes & Tarts, learn about the 10 recipes that gets sold out in a short period of time.
The Perfect Combination
of Ingredients that Make
Menu Development Easier
Through the know-how of Pastry Chef Jaein Lee, who has been researching ‘the most delicious ingredients’ throughout the year, we will increase our understanding of ingredients and learn how to mix the ingredients to fit the style of each store. By properly understanding the ingredients, you can freely apply 10 recipes to create 3~40 or more menus of your own!
Learn the Practical Baking
Process When Using a Small
Oven in a Small Store
I will share the know-how of maintaining good quality and supply of ingredients, as well as hands-on tips on producing good quality products, using only a small-sized oven and basic baking tools used in small shops. Learn practical know-hows to create high-quality products while saving the cost of materials through a simple process!
Simple, Easy-To-Use &
Highly-Efficient Dessert RecipesInstead of using of expensive ingredients and complicated processes, learn how to make delicious and luxurious desserts with an extra-simple process, using inexpensive ingredients. A recipe that even bakery owners without confectionery experience can easily follow!
Signature Dessert Made With
Seasonal Ingredients and
Confectionery TechniquesLearn from the 5 recipes that contain the confectionery technology and practical know-hows of Jaein, who develops a seasonal dessert lineup using new ingredients every season. Recommended to all bakery owners who want to come up with their own signature menu recipes!
How to Make Good Use
of Various IngredientsYou can learn how to make various desserts using seasonal fruits, corns, nuts, and ingredients such as chicken breast and spinach. Learn how to combine and use ingredients to capture the public's taste buds by making delicious based on your understanding of ingredients!
Tips on Advanced Dessert Production
Including Base and Cream PreparationFrom making the base of choux, tart shell, and dacquoise to making the mousse and fruit cream! Learn all about the difficult confectionery techniques, more accurately and in detail by following the step-by-step curriculum.
Buy now, get unlimited access.
The special offer ends this Friday
This special offer ends soon.
Buy now and save more!
SECTION 01. 6 Highly-Efficient Dessert Recipes: Simple to Make & Easy to Apply
01. Coffee Madeleine
- Madeleine with the rich flavor of coffee made with 3 coffee ingredients and the sweet and nutty taste of baked pecans
- Madeleine kneading method with a unique texture that captures enough air and feels crispy on the outside and light on the inside
- Learn the basic recipe of madeleines sold by JAEIN as they are
02. Corn Cookie
- JAEIN's popular seasonal fruit cookies made with corn
- Using canned corn to complete a rich flavor product while saving on unit cost
- Learn about the cookie dough & corn paste method
- Seasonal application know-how: Key points & tips for choosing good fruits to bake fruit cookies
03. Pain De Gene Yuja
- Moist and rich yuja flavor cake with plenty of almonds
- Pound cake style dessert made with simple techniques
04. Tahiti Mille-feuille
- Gateau where the subtle scent of vanilla bean and the texture of mille-feuille live in harmony
- Quick and easy feuilletage method that completes mille-feuille with texture even without a pie roller
- Introduction of JAEIN style vanilla infusion method
05. Stollen Biscotti
- Baked confectionery reinterpreting biscotti, a traditional Italian snack, in Stollen style
- How to knead a biscotti dough with a light crumbly texture
- A homemade marzipan recipe that can be made with high quality at a low unit price
- French-style egg tart with a salty taste rather than a sweet taste
- Know-how to make a batter, which easily becomes oily, plain by grinding nutmeg in it
- How to simply complete the process of making shortcrust batter
- How to properly bake a quiche, which does not come out large enough if cooked incorrectly
SECTION 02. Combination Method of Signature Desserts That Can Be Applied with Seasonal Ingredients
07. Udo (Peanut Paris-Brest)
- ‘Udo,’ one of JAEIN’s most popular signature dessert
- A dessert that allows you to enjoy the taste and visual feeling of the Island Udo as soon as the Paris-Brest meets the rough feeling of Udo peanuts.
- A method of using Udo peanuts that can differentiate the appearance and create a unique taste by using the peanut shell
- Crispy ‘part a shou’, light texture ‘muslin cream,’ and simple ‘praline’ recipe
08. Habagu (Fig Tartelette)
- Fig tart, JAEIN's No. 1 popular dessert
- JAEIN's unique fig infusion know-how
- How to make a classic tart shell (Part Sucre Pontage)
- Anglaise cream recipe for a light yet rich taste
- Four Seasons Application: Tips on fruits and combinations that can be used as seasonal fruit tarts
- Dacquoise Dessert that harmonizes the acidity of fruit and the elegant scent of herbs
- Unveiling know-how to make ganache monte cream using herbs loved at JAEIN
- How to apply dacquoise-based gateau as attractive as tart
10. Cherry Blossom
- Mousse cake with the sweet and sour taste of red fruit and the scent of cherry blossoms clearly spreading in your mouth
- Cherry Blossom glacé recipe that emphasizes the color and taste of the main ingredient, the red fruit
- JAEIN's unique fruit mousse recipe that sharpens the taste in the mouth
with Pastry Chef, Jaein Lee
Why Is JAEIN's dessert loved?
I believe many people visit "JAEIN" because the colorful experience they feel when tasting various desserts is attractive. And when it comes to giving such an experience, the feature that sets "JAEIN" apart from other dessert shops is its seasonality. In this regard, you might think that there is nothing special about a bakery that offers seasonal menus using seasonal ingredients. But at "JAEIN," we're not just making desserts with ordinary seasonal fruits. Instead, we are researching the best combination of ingredients and manufacturing methods to maximize the taste of the desserts created here.
What motivated you to
create a baking class at Coloso?
As a pastry chef, I want more and more diverse people to continue making new desserts. I found my baking style through a lot of trial and error, working with all kinds of ingredients and techniques for originality. I want to positively impact those taking this class so everyone can learn recipes using the bakery "JAEIN's" method and create their style beyond mastering techniques. I hope this lecture will inspire you to find and share your own baking style so I can also get influenced by new baking styles.
What will students
learn in this class?
In this lecture, you will make a total of 10 products of 5 types of confectionery like, cookies, madeleine, and poundcake, and 5 types of gateau such as tarts and petit gateau. All of these desserts are sold every season at "JAEIN", and to show Jaein's know-how when baking, the curriculum consists of only the menus that are sold or are planned for the future. In addition, each curriculum consists of a unique recipe with no overlapping parts in terms of ingredients and technology and is structured so that you can easily understand the use of certain ingredients and process methods that affect the the taste of the dessert you create.
Who would you
recommend this class to?
I recommend this class to those running small bakeries, those preparing to open a new bakery, pastry chefs, and bakery owners curious about the recipes of desserts sold at famous bakeries. In this class, I'll be sharing the insights I gained through the experience of running a small bakery myself, how to make high-quality products while saving the cost of materials, and the recipes of the desserts sold at the famous bakery "JAEIN." So, I hope each one of the chapters will be meaningful to those taking this class.
Like this class?
Then check these out!
[How do refunds work?]
If you would like to request a refund because a Class did not meet your expectations, please contact us for the refund (email@example.com) Also, for more detailed information, please review our Refund Policy.
1. Earlybird Class
If you purchase an Earlybird Class and request a refund before the class videos are available, you are eligible to receive a complete refund or the amount paid by you through the Coloso Platform.
2. Purchasing a "Now Available" Class
Up to 14 days after purchase: If you purchase a "Now Available" class and request a refund, you may receive a complete or near-complete refund depending on refund eligibility. Please refer to the Refund Eligibility section below to see if you are eligible for a refund. Please refer to our Refund Policy for more information on the refundable amount.
3. Refund Eligibility
To submit a valid refund request and receive reimbursement for your purchase, you are required to meet each and every one of the following conditions:
(a) you must be a registered User on the Coloso Platform;
(b) you must be the User that enrolled in the Class;
(c) you must request the refund in writing to our support center within 14 days of purchase, and you must provide us the requested information, including but not limited to the information about your Account, Class, and the circumstances of the refund request;
(d) you must have consumed less than three clips of the Class
(e) you must not have downloaded any of our class materials
4. Additional reasons for refund denial
You may not be eligible for any refund in cases where we believe there is refund abuse or fraudulent behavior, including but not limited to the following circumstances where:
(a) a user has requested multiple refunds for a single course
(b) a user has asked for excessive refunds
(c) we detected fraudulent behavior(s) from a User
(d) an account has been reported, banned, or deactivated due to a violation of our Terms.
5. We limit the number of devices that can access an account to 3 each.
Device registration occurs upon accessing a class video. If you wish to change the device you have registered to your account (i.e. you are using a new mobile device), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to device registration can happen only once a year. (Your device is registered to your account after you sign in to the account with your device)
Questions about refund?
Please email us here: email@example.com
Would like to request a refund?
Pleaes email us here: firstname.lastname@example.org