Illustrator,Hyulla_혈라 Class Description
People who dream of becoming an illustrator
worry about the charm and the direction
of their own drawing as they build experience
and approach practical work level.
But what they worry about the most is
usually related to understanding the theory
and expressing the details.
Therefore, it is very important to point that out
and guide them in the correct direction.
This class is where you can gain
deep knowledge of 3D, perspective, light,
and characteristics of color from a visual aspect.
You can learn about impression and motion
that are given by the features of
each body part, as well as the instructor's
unique expressions on detail.
Create a high-quality illustration
through a class with a
available for a lifetime.
Length: 27 videos
(Duration 24h 6m)
Adobe Photoshop CC.
Work process (PSD files)
Hyulla's Profile & Portfolio
Hello, I am Hyulla.
As a concept artist and illustrator,
I have participated in several projects,
including Destiny Child
and NIKKE: GODDESS OF VICTORY.
Currently, I'm working on Project Blood
as an executive director.
You will face worries as you make progress,
even if you love drawing. As you move on,
there are tons to learn and master,
including the skills to create unique
and trendy designs, direct, composite, etc.
I believe that an artist needs two things;
steady progress and affectionate interest.
An artist gains the strength to draw
out of the happiness that comes from progress.
And of course, steady progress
should be supported by
a deep understanding of basic knowledge.
In this course, I'd like to help you understand
the essentials of illustrating characters
by demonstrating the visual principles
and teaching you my ways of expressing
the details, which also helped me a lot
when creating my unique characters.
Line Games 'Project Blood' - Director
Projects & Awards
Shift-up "Nikke: Goddess of Victory" - Art Director
"Destiny Child" main screen - Main Illustrator
Tencent "The Arena of Valor"
Aplibot "Rogue Degree - Gangster"
NCsoft Blade Soul Mobile (Battle Sword) Nexon "D.O.S"
And many other projects
8 Class Exercises
Understand the Theory through a Detailed Curriculum
The Overall Atmosphere and Sense of Space
Depicting a Face
Expressing Hands, Feet, and Other Parts of the Body
Expressing the Upper & Lower Body, and Other Specific Regions of the Body
Expressing Various Objects
Detail Expressions Using Photoshop
*These are sample images for better understanding.
Advance Your Skills by Deeply Learning about the Basics
In addition to basic knowledge such as perspective and light, deepen the visual theory underlying all expressions, such as the advanced human body detail expression method and object expression theory, and broaden the scope of expression through practical examples.
Tell a Story by Showing Detailed Character Characteristics and Screen Composition
Learn how to compose a character with a clearer story by learning the feeling of visual images for each face, body type, and concept, and learn how to compose a character that gives a cool sense of space to the screen and subject and expresses the intended atmosphere in an attractive way.
Express the Details of Objects and Characters in an Attractive Way
Learn how to express the human body and design know-how to properly capture the character's personality and charm, as well as how to describe objects that can bring the design to life.
Advanced Theory Course Which
Provides Answers to Your QuestionsLay the theoretical foundations of illustration by deeply contemplating 3D, perspective, and the characteristics of light and color from a visual aspect, checking the basics that are forgotten, and obtaining in-depth knowledge used in practical work.
Creating A Powerful Character DesignDesign a character that can be identified with a single glance, through impression given by body part features such as the face, body, concept, etc., and nuance, hair, and costume styling that appears in the motion and gesture.
Screen Composition with a
Sense of Atmosphere and SpaceUse camera angle and object placement to grasp screen structure, which may feel boundless.
Human Body Expressions To
Create an Attractive CharacterLook for your own answer on expressing a captivating character by looking at a wide range of cases on the human body classified by the details of the head/upper body/lower body/abdominal region/hands/feet/skin beyond the basic knowledge, as well as by learning the instructor's unique, detailed expression method.
Object Expressions That Help
Broaden Your Design PoolLearn how to handle metals, which are most frequently used in game illustrations. Understand and express the objects made out of transparent/translucent materials which you've drawn habitually because they're difficult to draw.
Enhance Your Painting Skills
By Focusing on the DetailsLet's learn how to use the speaker's own Photoshop tools that are actually used to enhance the detailed expression method as well as the theoretical understanding of the picture.
Recommended by Experts in the Field
Buy now, get unlimited access.
The special offer ends this Friday
This special offer ends soon.
Buy now and save more!
SECTION 01. Intro to the Course and Understanding the Objectives
01. Classification of Game Illustrations
- Course orientation
- Classification according to the purpose of the illustration
SECTION 02. The Basis of Design - Perspective
02. 3D and Distance 1
- Understanding perspective - mechanism of the eye, which perceives objects
03. 3D and Distance 2
- Tips on effectively emphasizing the perspective
SECTION 03. Understanding the Light and the Color System
04. Light and Color 1
- Learn about the characteristics of light
- Understanding the spectrum
- Understanding colors through the three primary color(RGB) system
05. Light and Color 2
- Action of light ①: Reflection - regular reflection, irregular reflection, diffused reflection, laws of reflection
06. Light and Color 3
- Action of light ②: Penetration and refraction - laws of refraction, total reflection, the Fresnel effect
07. Light and Color 4
- Action of light ③: Scattering, dispersion, diffraction - chromatic aberration, lens flare
SECTION 04. Understanding a Captivating Character through Face, Body Type, and Concept
08. Captivating Character Design 1 - Face
- Expressing the face shape of a character
- Expressing the eyes, nose, mouth, and ears of a character
- Expressing the eyebrows and facial hair of a character
- Expressing the skin texture and accessories of a character
09. Captivating Character Design 2 - Body type
- Expressing the body type of a character
- Expressing the angle and motion of a character
10. Captivating Character Design 3 - Concept
- Elements of a character - Surroundings and personality
- Visually shaping according to the concept design
- Tips on costume design and coloring
SECTION 05. Tips on Illustration Picture Composition
11. Composition in a Game Illustration
- Importance of the draft work
- Things to consider in a picture composition
- Compositional methods and tips on object placement
SECTION 06. Understanding Detailed Depiction of a Character
12. Detailed Depiction of a Human Body - Head 1
- Depicting the face type
- Depicting the eyes, nose, mouth, and ears
- Useful tips for depicting the face
13. Detailed Depiction of a Human Body - Head 2
- Formative understanding of hair
- Understanding hair in detail
- Expressing eyebrows and hair on the side
14. Detailed Depiction of a Human Body - Upper Body 1
- Formative understanding and expression of the neck, clavicle, and shoulder
15. Detailed Depiction of a Human Body - Upper Body 2
- Understanding the basic form of the chest
- Tips for expressing the chest according to different situations and styles
- Formative understanding and expressing the underarms
16. Detailed Depiction of a Human Body - Abdominal Region 1
- Understanding the basic form of the abdomen
- Abdomen expression tips according to movement
17. Detailed Depiction of a Human Body - Abdominal Region 2
- Expressing the abs and the belly button
- Expressing the abdomen according to body fat and muscle mass
18. Detailed Depiction of a Human Body - Lower Body 1
- Expressing the hips, the groin, and thighs
19. Detailed Depiction of a Human Body - Lower Body 2
- Expressing the calves, knees, and the back of the knees
- Expressing the lower extremities by body fat and muscle mass
20. Detailed Depiction of a Human Body - Hands
- Formative understanding and expression of the arms
- Formative understanding and expression of hands
- Tips for expressing hands according to different motions
21. Detailed Depiction of a Human Body - Feet
- Formative understanding and expressing feet
22. Detailed Depiction of a Human Body - Skin 1
- The principle of tone formation seen through the structure of the skin
- Difference of skin tones by part
- SSS(Subsurface Scattering) - Depicting internal scattering light
23. Detailed Depiction of a Human Body - Skin 2
- Detailed skin depiction including moles, blood vessels, hair roots, cellulite, etc.
SECTION 07. Understanding Expression Methods of Various Objects
24. Expressing the Texture - Metals
- Understanding the reflective features and colors of metals / Expression of metals in consideration of surface textures
25. Expressing the Texture - See-through
- Expressing see-through, vinyl material, and stockings
26. Expressing the Texture 3 - Transparent material
- Transparent materials
- Waterdrops, the surface of water, flowing water
27. Expressing the Texture 4 - Composite material 2
- Coated materials - Eyeballs, enamel material, etc.
- Expressing the objects layered with a permeable material on top of a non metallic material
with Illustrator Hyulla
What do you think is a good character design?
I believe the way to deliver something should clearly appear in the design. A character's job, personality, tendency, surroundings, and relationships should be seen through the character's color, body type, hairstyle, face, costumes, and specific objects. It will be a great help once you take note of the effects that are implied by certain visual information.
What is most important when it comes to picture composition?
Building a line of sight through lines and planes, density and perspective is the most important. Line of sight tends to flow from above to below, and from left to right. If you build directionality using lines and planes, the line of sight will follow that direction. You can naturally guide the line of sight by appropriately placing high-density parts and low-density parts.
What is the strength of this class that makes it different from others?
The fact that this class logically approaches the charm of a character through detailed analysis. If you learn about detail through understanding the fundamental structure that begins with physics, you will be able to depict the human body in any way that you want with much more depth. So, I will teach you about perspective and light with a basis on a more fundamental understanding of physics.
This course will use Adobe Photoshop CC 2018. Please purchase and install these program(s) for an optimized lecture experience.
*These programs and/or materials will not be provided with the course.
Like this class?
Then check these out!
This course will open on December 12, 2022 (PST)
*The duration of the class discount may change without prior notice.
*Please ensure to fill in your email address correctly, as the payment and class information will be sent to the registered email address.
[How do refunds work?]
If you would like to request a refund because a Class did not meet your expectations, please contact us for the refund (firstname.lastname@example.org) Also, for more detailed information, please review our Refund Policy.
1. Earlybird Class
If you purchase an Earlybird Class and request a refund before the class videos are available, you are eligible to receive a complete refund or the amount paid by you through the Coloso Platform.
2. Purchasing a "Now Available" Class
Up to 14 days after purchase: If you purchase a "Now Available" class and request a refund, you may receive a complete or near-complete refund depending on refund eligibility. Please refer to the Refund Eligibility section below to see if you are eligible for a refund. Please refer to our Refund Policy for more information on the refundable amount.
3. Refund Eligibility
To submit a valid refund request and receive reimbursement for your purchase, you are required to meet each and every one of the following conditions:
(a) you must be a registered User on the Coloso Platform;
(b) you must be the User that enrolled in the Class;
(c) you must request the refund in writing to our support center within 14 days of purchase, and you must provide us the requested information, including but not limited to the information about your Account, Class, and the circumstances of the refund request;
(d) you must have consumed less than three clips of the Class
(e) you must not have downloaded any of our class materials
4. Additional reasons for refund denial
You may not be eligible for any refund in cases where we believe there is refund abuse or fraudulent behavior, including but not limited to the following circumstances where:
(a) a user has requested multiple refunds for a single course
(b) a user has asked for excessive refunds
(c) we detected fraudulent behavior(s) from a User
(d) an account has been reported, banned, or deactivated due to a violation of our Terms.
5. We limit the number of devices that can access an account to 3 each.
Device registration occurs upon accessing a class video. If you wish to change the device you have registered to your account (i.e. you are using a new mobile device), please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to device registration can happen only once a year. (Your device is registered to your account after you sign in to the account with your device)
Questions about refund?
Please email us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Would like to request a refund?
Pleaes email us here: email@example.com