Illustrator, Seoji Class Description
Games, webtoons, concept art, etc.
Stylized Character Appears in various genres!
Professional illustrator Seoji will showcase
the drawing routine of how the final
Stylized Character is completed
in the order of Theory-Sketch-Coloring-Correction.
Learn to apply the Deformation technique,
a must for Stylized Characters,
And gain skills such as learning to omit
certain parts from the character,
As well as the skill of exaggerating certain parts.
We will also learn to naturally express
the human body using shapes,
Use a myriad of animation-like colors,
And to finish character creation work
With practical experience from
not only Netmarble as well as
various game practical experiences
Seoji has many years of teaching experience
and 60,000 followers on Twitter.
We will be waiting for you at Coloso.
Length: 24 videos
Adobe Photoshop CC
Expert Illustrator Seoji's
Profile & Portfolio
Hello, My name is Seoji,
and I am working as an illustrator.
I have taught many students
while working on different illustrations
for various Netmarble games such as
"How to Train Your Monster", "The Knights Chronicle" etc.
When I draw, I usually focus
on the Deformation (Stylization)
and the lively movements of the character,
As well as on expressing the character's personality
That is especially important
when drawing Anime characters.
As many people pointed this out
as one of my biggest strengths,
In this class, I will show you a step-by-step procedure
on how I create a Anime character
With my own skills on deformation application.
Based on my experience as an illustrator,
I will teach you how to develop
and improve your skills
In the most effective and easiest way possible,
And I will play the role of a guide
So that you can figure out
your own strengths and weaknesses.
So even if you're trying Stylized character
for the first time,
please trust me and follow me.
Projects & Awards
2020 YooZoo - ‘The Three Kingdoms of the Youth’' Illustration
2017-2020 Netmarble Monster - 'Nights Chronicle' Illustration and Original Screenplay
2016-2017 Netmarble Monster - 'How to Train Your Monster' Illustration and Original Screenplay
Meerkat Games - 'Royal Crown' promotional Illustration
Raon Entertainment - 'Tales Runner' Card Illustration
Ntreev Soft - 'Pangya-m' Card Illustration
Tencent Games - ‘White Light’ Illustration
Netmarble Monster - 'Project P' Original Screenplay
12 Class Exercises
Deformation (Stylization) Theory
Props with Deformation
Human Figure Drawing
Character Ratio Setup
Body Proportion Setup
Setup the Stylized Features
Linework with Vivid Form
Main Part Coloring
Object and Clothes Coloring
Photoshop and Finishing Up
*These are example images for better understanding.
Insights of Character Drawing From the Expert
An opportunity to indefinitely watch the special know-how of illustrator Seoji, who has extensive experience in teaching numerous students! You can build the solid basics of character drawing necessary for various fields such as webtoons, games, and illustrations.
Anime Character Drawing with a Stylization Intensive Curriculum
Through various examples, you can firmly strengthen the basic concepts of object and character deformation (stylization), and apply that training to actual drawing.
How to Color the Anime Characters Clear and Cleanly
Based on an understanding of Photoshop functions that are not usually used, you can learn illustrator Seoji’s unique skills of coloring and correction to bring three-dimensionality and vitality to plain characters.
Understanding Deformation, the Essential Elements of Stylized CharactersThrough various examples, understand the changes in the drawing style according to the deformation and draw props that are often used for characters by catching the sense of the deformation using the basic figures.
Building the Foundation of Characters by Drawing the Human BodyCreate natural poses using shapes such as circles, squares, and triangles, and set the ratio of an attractive human body’s face, hands, and feet, and express the character's beautiful body line using curves.
Character Arrangements That Enhance the Sense of Space on the ScreenUsing the screen composition method that catches your eyes at once, create a sketch focusing on the large silhouettes and movement, and use various objects such as backgrounds and props to emphasize the sense of space on the screen.
Line Drawing Technique
Based on DeformationBased on your understanding of the thickness, speed, and type of brush, you will learn how to fill in the drawing density, as well as how to draw lines by hair and clothing wrinkles that increase the completeness of the drawing.
Emphasis on Coloring that Brings
the Character to LifeLearn the theories on color, brightness, and saturation to find the right color for the character's mood, then color the main part and object in that order, and set the shadow to reflect the deformation principle.
Correction and Finishing Methods to emphasize the highlights of the workObjectively analyze your paintings through the distribution of brightness on a gray scale, learn various correction methods using Photoshop, and complete one character illustration.
Buy now, get unlimited access.
The special offer ends this Friday
This special offer ends soon.
Buy now and save more!
SECTION 01. What Is Deformation?
01. What Is Deformation?
- Understand Easily with Examples
- Changes in Character Paintings According to Deformation
02. Practice Lines with Deformation
- Use Basic Shapes to Create a Sense of Deformation
- Draw Props That Are Often Used with Deformation
(Frills, Ribbons, Shoes, Flowers, Accessories, Etc.)
SECTION 02. Character Basics
03. Figure Out the Human Body
- Body and Joints Expressed with Circles, Squares, and Triangles
- Draw a Pose by Twisting a Shape
04. Principle of Setting Attractive Body Proportions
- Proportional Differences between the Upper and Lower Body
- Exaggerate a Character’s Flexion
- Create Your Own Proportions
05. Character’s Body Stylization
- Muscle and Bone Structure Often Used in Paintings
- Draw a Prettier Body Using Curves
- Why Is My Character Awkward?: Find Out Mistakes Often Done
06. Highlight of the Drawing, Creating Facial Features
- Creating Attractive Features Using Deformation
- Face Detail Work That Brings Out Completeness
- How to Draw Clothes with Emphasis on Shape
SECTION 03. Character Sketch
07. Get an Interesting Composition
- Organization of the Screen That Draws Attention
- Creating a Drawing That Stand Out: Interact with the Drawing
08. How to Sketch Highlighting Characteristics
- Setting Character Keywords with the Mind Map
- Using Shapes to Design Characters
- Sketch Method That Successfully Shows the Character’s Characteristics
09. Effective Sketch Quality Improvement Method
- Modifying Dynamic by Silhouette Extension/Deformation
- Why Is My Drawing Stiff?: Exaggerating Character Dynamics
10. Use Grid to Fill Empty Spaces
- How to Modify the Human Body Easily and Quickly
- Compare Each Side to Fill In Missing Gaps
11. Adding an Object
- Method to Highlight the Character
- Use the Background and Props to Create a Sense of Space and Atmosphere
SECTION 04. Line Drawing
12. How to Draw a Line Drawing That Fits the Style of the Painting
- Determine the Total Density of Lines in the Drawing
- Difference According to Thickness, Omission, and Shape of the Line
- A Lot Doesn’t Mean It’s Pretty: Omit, Use Exaggeration
- Find Out What Mistakes You Make Often
13. How to Draw a Line Using Lumps
- Divide Sections Using the Strength and Weakness of the Lines
- How to Draw Lines by Wrinkles on Your Hair and Clothes
- Increase Drawing Completeness (Line Completion, Strength Correction, Etc.)
- Find Out the Mistakes You Make Often
SECTION 05. Coloring
14. About Coloring (Color, Brightness, Saturation)
- An Understanding of Color, Brightness, and Saturation
- Use Contrast to Add Eye-Catching Effects
- Learn about Color, Saturation, and Brightness Contrast Examples
- Find Out the Mistakes You Make Often
15. Capturing the Mood of Light and Shadow
- Shadow Shape According to Light Position
- Establishing the Mood of Light and Shadow in My Drawing before Depiction
SECTION 06. Coloring
16. Main Part Coloring
- How to Color the Face
- How to Color the Eyes
- How to Color the Hair
- Finishing Method to Increase Completeness
17. Coloring Clothes and Objects
- How to Color Clothes
- Object Coloring Method
- Finishing Method to Improve Completeness
18. Finish Coloring and Description
- Increase Quality with a Closing Description
- Increase the Density of Drawing by Adding Objects
19. Increase Drawing Completeness
- Understand the Effectiveness of Each Layer
- Add Colors, Descriptions, and Objects
20. More Vibrant Coloring Techniques
- How to Highlight the Main Theme: Articulating Your Intention
- Depth Expressions by Light and Dark Stages
- Putting Deformer in Light and Shadows
SECTION 07. Finishing Drawing
21. Calibration and Finish-up Process
- How to Decorate a Picture with Light and Brush, Etc
- Add Life with a Variety of Shades
- Various Calibration Methods Using Photoshop
22. How to Understand Your Paintings More Objectively
- Looking from a Third Person Eye
- How to Draw a Piece of Work That Receives Good Reviews from Others
SECTION 08. The Mindset You Should Have While Drawing
23. How to Do Drawing Training Alone
- What Is the Training Method for Me?
- Sketching, Drawing, Coloring, and Training Method by Technique
24. Breaking Your Limits and Challenging Yourself in Many Areas
- Overcoming a Slump
- 30 Seconds/20 Minutes Croquis
- Using the Color Palette
with Illustrator Seoji
For which students is this class appropriate?
I recommend it to anyone who knows how to complete a painting to a certain extent, but has difficulty adding techniques or personalities, and who wants to enter into stylized characters. If the character's personality or deformation is not enough to make it look stylized, the painting will look hard in general, but this class will solve all your problems.
What effect does the deformation technique have on the Stylized Character?
Unlike live-action and half-live that focus on drawing delicately, omitting and highlighting certain parts is important in stylized characters. In my class, I'd like to teach you how to quickly and easily understand what parts of the character should be highlighted and omitted during drawing.
In order to level up quickly along with the class, What type of effort should we make?
You should stick to the basics of deformation, the core of the class. Stylized painting is a combination of various shapes, and in order to make the shape look good, I recommend you practice basic straight lines, curves, circles, squares, and triangles. In this class, I will show you all the process of drawing stylized characters with the deformation principle.
What is the main point of the class that you want the student to get?
I can't pick just one. However, I would say the ability to complete stylized characters through understanding deformation, revitalizing the drawing with animated like color expressions, and developing skills by boldly utilizing various effects. After finishing the class, you will be able to catch and draw a scene from an animation.
This course will use Wacom Intuos and Adobe Photoshop CC. Please purchase and install these program(s) for an optimized lecture experience.
*These programs and/or materials will not be provided with the course.
Like this class?
Then check these out!
*The duration of the class discount may change without prior notice.
"If you complete the payment, you can watch the video immediately by clicking on [My Class] in the upper left corner. Please ensure to fill in your email address correctly, as the payment and class information will be sent to the registered email address.
[How do refunds work?]
If you would like to request a refund because a Class did not meet your expectations, please contact us for the refund (firstname.lastname@example.org) Also, for more detailed information, please review our Refund Policy.
1. Earlybird Class
If you purchase an Earlybird Class and request a refund before the class videos are available, you are eligible to receive a complete refund or the amount paid by you through the Coloso Platform.
2. Purchasing a "Now Available" Class
Up to 14 days after purchase: If you purchase a "Now Available" class and request a refund, you may receive a complete or near-complete refund depending on refund eligibility. Please refer to the Refund Eligibility section below to see if you are eligible for a refund. Please refer to our Refund Policy for more information on the refundable amount.
3. Refund Eligibility
To submit a valid refund request and receive reimbursement for your purchase, you are required to meet each and every one of the following conditions:
(a) you must be a registered User on the Coloso Platform;
(b) you must be the User that enrolled in the Class;
(c) you must request the refund in writing to our support center within 14 days of purchase, and you must provide us the requested information, including but not limited to the information about your Account, Class, and the circumstances of the refund request;
(d) you must have consumed less than three clips of the Class
(e) you must not have downloaded any of our class materials
4. Additional reasons for refund denial
You may not be eligible for any refund in cases where we believe there is refund abuse or fraudulent behavior, including but not limited to the following circumstances where:
(a) a user has requested multiple refunds for a single course
(b) a user has asked for excessive refunds
(c) we detected fraudulent behavior(s) from a User
(d) an account has been reported, banned, or deactivated due to a violation of our Terms.
5. We limit the number of devices that can access an account to 3 each.
Device registration occurs upon accessing a class video. If you wish to change the device you have registered to your account (i.e. you are using a new mobile device), please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to device registration can happen only once a year. (Your device is registered to your account after you sign in to the account with your device)
Questions about refund?
Please email us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Would like to request a refund?
Pleaes email us here: email@example.com